The origins of Domaine Patrice Moreux date back to 1677 when Edme Corty laid the foundations of a small estate in Pouilly sur Loire. André Moreux bought his first vines in 1702, but on the other side of the Loire, in Sancerre. These two holdings were united in 1955 by the marriage of Jeannine Corty and Raymond Moreux, direct descendants of Edme and André. As a wedding present their parents gave them a 4.5 hectares parcel of vineyards on a hillside – the ‘Loge Aux Moines’. These origins explain our presence in the very finest Sauvignon Blanc vineyards of the region: Les Loges in Pouilly-Fumé and Chavignol in Sancerre.